Traveling to Egypt is the only thing that makes you richer because of its great historical landmarks and unforgettable civilization. However, an important question can be asked… Is it safe to travel to Egypt in 2022 and when is the best time to travel to Egypt? Yes, Egypt is completely safe.
Egypt, “The cradle of civilization” is the only country in the world that has the longest history. It is also called “The Land of the Pharaohs”, as its existence dates back to the ancient Pharaohs of Egypt. Tourists come from all over the world to witness the greatness of the Egyptian pharaohs and visit their fascinating destinations.
Get up to 10%Off when booking one of our Egypt Vacation Packages check then now!
Egypt is a very safe destination for travelers. Millions of tourists visit the country every year, relax on its beaches, discover in peace the beauty of its nature, and admire its countless historic monuments without any difficulty in terms of personal security intervening.
Egypt has increased security on all of its tourist routes and is an excellent platform for tourism. It has metal detectors at the entrance to hotels, airports, and tourist attractions.
Currently, Egypt is even one of the safest countries in the Middle East for travel and tourism. In general, you will never see any threat.
All points and attractions are well policed, tour buses are escorted and you will find security on the main streets of the city.
Tourist Police in Egypt
The large police presence across the country, especially in some tourist areas, may seem more burdensome, compared to what you are used to.
It is not uncommon to see police officers at every intersection in Cairo and other cities, or security personnel around institutional buildings.
Some are armed, which may seem unusual compared to the custom in your country, but in Egypt, this is common practice. This does not reflect increased danger or instability.
At the tourist sites, you will also meet police officers, wearing a special badge on their “Tourism Police” uniform. These officers are especially invested in the safety of tourists and to be their interlocutors, because they speak English more easily.
In case of difficulty, you should not hesitate to seek out and contact the tourist police.
The completely safe cities to visit in Egypt.
Egypt has many beautiful places to visit in 2022/2023 and is a safe country to travel to. Let’s start to mention some of these incredible destinations:
1- Cairo City “The Capital of Egypt”
Cairo is the most visited city in the world because of its historical attractions, such as the Giza Pyramids Complex, which consists of the three main pyramids of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure, the mythical Sphinx, and the great Temple of the Valley, used in mummification and the purification process of the king’s mummy.
It is mandatory to visit the Egyptian Museum, where you will find the most important Egyptian treasures, including the treasures of Tutankhamun. Khan El-Khalili is another interesting destination in Cairo, which is an open bazaar, where you can find the best cafes, shops, and markets for spices and perfumes.
2- Alexandria “The bird of the Mediterranean”
What’s better than having fun, besides visiting historic destinations! Alexandria has a mix in between, as you can find the unforgettable Citadel of Qaitbey, the Pompey’s Pillar, the Catacombs, and the great library of Alexandria, which contains a copy of each book published worldwide.
3- Luxor “The Ancient City”
The city of a hundred gates has the most interesting tourist attractions among its neighbors, such as the Luxor Temple, the Hatshepsut Temple, the Valley of the Kings, and the last, but not least, the Karnak Temple. It is the largest open-air museum, your holiday in Egypt cannot be completed without exploring Luxor.
4- Aswan “The Nubian City”
The city of Nubia is Egypt’s central market, although it is a small city. There are many lovely landmarks in Aswan like the Nubian Museum, the Unfinished Obelisk, the Philae Temple, and, of course, the wonderful Aswan High Dam.
5- Sharm El Sheikh
The city of the play “Sharm El-Sheikh“, where you can do many interesting activities, including snorkeling in the blue hole or riding a camel on a safari. You can also fly through the dunes with a quad bike, and finally, don’t forget to try the underwater adventure to discover the underwater world.
7- Marsa Alam
Marsa Alam is known for its coral reefs and beautiful beaches, which is why having a desert safari or trying to snorkel and get on a submarine is the best thing you can do there.
El Gouna is a tourist resort, owned by ‘Samih Sawiris‘, a famous Egyptian businessman. It is famous for its water sports, including snorkeling, diving, water skiing, and many other special activities for tourists. It is located 20 km north of Hurghada.
Explore Our Travel Guide to Egypt to Know more about it
Security & Safety Tips in Egypt (Q&A)
Is it advisable to travel to Egypt in the midst of the coronavirus? What measures does the government take?
According to the WHO and the Egyptian Ministry of Health, Egypt recorded one of the lowest numbers compared to other countries, in addition to the exit of many of these cases with full recovery.
The situation in Egypt is now safer, as there are no longer any cases that are discovered in addition to the protection and prevention controls put in place by the Egyptian government, headed by the Egyptian Ministry of Health, to counter the spread of this virus.
And if we talk about the last years, in particular, it can be said that clarity is completely safe for tourists, and no case has ever been recorded during the last period, whether inside Egypt or after the return of tourists to their countries.
These are some of the safety and prevention measures that the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism applies in all tourist places and hotels.
- Measuring the temperature upon arrival at the airport
- Wearing a mask in public and tourist places, especially closed places.
- The driver and guide wear their catchers and sterilize their hands continuously.
- Maintaining the social distance between them and the tourists.
Important advice: To travel to Egypt, you must have a PCR 48 hours before you travel to Egypt.
Is it possible to go outside the hotel to shop at the nearby stores/supermarkets?
Yes, it is possible. We only recommend not going out alone, going at least with a companion, and going out during the day, not at night. Like any big city, there are places that should not be visited and can be dangerous for tourists.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt alone?
Yes, you can. Many girls and women travel alone throughout the country. Women from Taiwan, China, Korea, England, the United States, Brazil, and other countries.
Let’s be honest, you will receive boring glances and expressions, but nothing is more serious than that, and so to speak, this is something that happens in different countries.
Many women have security concerns when planning to travel to Egypt, but we love to say to them that it is completely safe to travel through Egypt on your own.
Important tip: if you want to do some activity on your own, inform the guide before you leave, ask for your contact number, and ask if it is safe to do this activity on your own, mainly because of the Muslim religion.
Is it safe to take a taxi on the streets in Cairo?
Yes, it is safe. Negotiate the value before going to the taxi and try to use Google Maps to observe the way.
Taxi drivers realize that you are a tourist and take you to shops or much longer routes in order to charge more.
If you don’t like to negotiate, there are private taxis at the hotel and you can request the service to avoid stress.
Are there many scams against tourists?
Just like in other countries, there are some smart guys who want to take advantage of tourists and apply scams that are famous. Among them, the ones I saw were:
- People who ask to take or appear in your photo charge you for it.
- Salespeople who throw things in your purse in desperation to sell.
- The typical camel ride costs 10 dollars to go up and 100 dollars to go down.
- People who work in tourist spots and ask for money to photograph in prohibited places.
Important tip: don’t stray from your group. Many camel owners do this to make money from tourists.
Is it safe to navigate the Nile in 2022/2023?
2022 proved to be full of optimism and advances in the tourism sector, especially on Nile cruise excursions, where the entire Nile banks in Luxor and Aswan are full of rival boats and travelers in historic sites.
Best time to visit Egypt in 2020/2021
If you are looking for the best time to visit Egypt in 2020, you should choose the period from October to April, but December and January are the most preferable months for most tourists to appreciate the beauty of Egypt.
You must escape the heat of July and August by traveling to the beaches of the Red Sea.
Tips before organizing a trip to Egypt
In any case, visiting Egypt is not impossible if you pay close attention and take the necessary precautions. Here’re our recommendations.
- Respect and maintain the culture and maintain a behavior appropriate to local use.
- Never photograph devices, military, and police buildings.
- Avoid participating in events and keep away from crowds.
- Avoid going for excursions without a guide and/or expert driver.
- Rely only on professional tour operators and do not leave the recommended tourist itineraries.
- Use clothing that is never provocative, and covers up as much as possible (both men and women)
- Don’t tell anyone about your sexual orientation and don’t use dating apps.
- Be especially vigilant during periods of religious holidays such as Ramadam or Easter.
- Leave your passport in a safe deposit box and walk around with only a copy.
- Do not travel without having carried out the recommended vaccines and without travel insurance.
- Do not remove corals from the Red Sea and avoid any contact with them, even small trauma can damage them.
Why is it safe to book your vacation with a travel agency !!
Our company strives to offer all types of security to tourists, such as providing a professional tour guide who knows the areas by heart and can guide tourists to different places without fear of any danger.
Egypt Time Travel is also responsible for introducing a qualified representative who helps, assist, and finalizes everything for you at the airport.
So, if you want to have fun, enjoy, meditate, and be safe in Egypt, choose a professional travel agency in Egypt.
In short, you can travel safely to Egypt. Take the opportunity to take a classic Egypt tour visiting the most famous tourist attractions in Egypt and take a look at our exclusive packages at special prices and with expert guides!
- From$8808 DaysTour the famous historical attractions in Cairo, and sail between Aswan and Luxor on an 8-day cruise. Explore one of the wonders of the ancient […]
- From$1,0508 DaysTour the famous historical attractions in Cairo, and sail between Aswan and Luxor on an 8-day cruise. Explore one of the wonders of the ancient […]
- From$1,2108 DaysDiscover the best of ancient Egypt, from Cairo to Aswan with a fascinating 8-day trip to Cairo and Nile Cruise tour package to Egypt from […]
- 10% OffFrom$1,410$1,2698 DaysDiscover the best of ancient Egypt, from Cairo to Aswan with a fascinating 8-day trip to Cairo and Nile Cruise. Join us as we explore […]
- From$1,2108 DaysDiscover the best of ancient Egypt, from Cairo to Aswan with a fascinating 8-day trip to Cairo and Nile Cruise. Join us as we explore […]
- From$1,0508 DaysTour the famous historical attractions in Cairo, and sail between Aswan and Luxor on our package tours to Egypt from Malaysia. Explore one of the […]